I have always been a fan of the Frankie stalls here in Mumbai. Over the years, its become a routine to snack on Frankies whenever I go out with my sister. Especially to this one particular stall I go to every other week. While I make sure I try different varieties on the platter, I have loved their chicken Frankie a lot. Maybe its the cheese or maybe the spicy sauces and masalas they use, every time I have one it makes me go and get one more.
Then, there were times I have had it slowly, enjoying every bit, trying to figure out the ingredients used, just for fun you know, to crack the code and make one for myself someday. Well, i wouldn’t lie.I have made quite a lot of attempts to make the exact one. But never turned out to be the same. But what happened during the course of time was me learning to make chicken Frankie that my entire family loves. Well, who knew I would become a Frankie Pro trying to replicate the taste of the one I was so used to for the past few years.
Read on to find my version of the cheesy chicken Frankie INGREDIENTS
For the wrap:
- Maida (All purpose flour)
- Onions chopped
- Tomatoes chopped
- Ginger garlic paste
- Chicken chunks
- soya sauce
- chilli sauce
- chilli powder
- garam masala
- chaat masala
Steps to Follow:
- Mix together Flour, water and oil. Break an egg or two into it, to soften the mixture.
- Knead the flour and roll out the wraps in sizes best preferred by you. Keep it considerably large so that it can take in the filling adequately.
- Place the wraps over a pan one by one and heat it till it gets cooked and changes color.
- Once the rotis (wraps) are ready, Heat some oil in a pan, when its hot, add the chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste, chopped tomatoes and finally the chicken chunks.
- After a minute, add in the garam masala, chaat masala, chilli powder
- Mix them together, finally add a bit of soya sauce.Cook it f\well for sometime and then season it with some freshly cut onion slices and keep aside.
- Place a wrap, spread some tomato ketchup and mayonnaise(optional), and place the filling in it and layer it with loads of cheese (as much as you love).
- Wrap it around and set it with a foil paper.
I’m sure this easy snack recipe is going to be loved by you. As you see, it involves rich Indian spices that makes it quite different and a lot tasty. You can always create your own version, add veggies instead of chicken or even an additional sauce you like! Hope you enjoy…Have a great day! 😀